Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Friend in the Digital Age!


As you know, I am obsessed with my planner (mine is the blue one with the bird on it... I'm really into birds right now!). I routinely write reminders to myself for the next year or the year after. I recently jotted down that on August 2, 2010, I should order Chris a replacement head for his electric razor.


Anyway, last year when we signed up for the Cox Bundle, they were running a promotion that actually made it cheaper for us to have the full phone package, complete with unlimited local & long distance calling, than to have basic, pay for long distance calls, service. But that promotion would expire 1 year from the date that I signed up for it. So I jotted a reminder down to call Cox on September 23, 2009 and cancel the ridiculously inclusive phone plan when the promotion ended.

Which brings us to today (September 24, 2009-- I didn't get a chance to call yesterday). I called, and it turned out our bill was set to increase by $60 per month because the promotion ended! So I immediately canceled the fancy phone service & dropped back down to basic phone service. I also asked if they were running any promotions right now that might lower my monthly bill, as this is still $30+ more per month than I was paying before (and for less service at that!). And the guy said they have a 6 month Customer Satisfaction promotion offering $20 off your bill. So he applied that. Just for asking. Thank you very much!

So, the point of this rambling is that YOU should CALL Cox & ASK for the discount! A discount for doing nothing! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...